1. In most cases, the loan offered by the dealership is not your best option. By jumping on the first loan offered to you by the dealership, you could end up paying hundreds extra in interest every year. With auto loans as low as 1.99% A.P.R.*, MACU can help put you in the driver’s seat with cash to spare. Once you negotiate a price on the car you want, don’t sign until you call MACU. We can get you a low interest rate and a check for the dealership right away, so you can be riding in style before you know it.
2. Sometimes, dealerships tie their incentives to getting an auto loan through their financing. If that’s the case, don’t fret. Transferring your loan to MACU for a low interest rate is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Get your loan paperwork from the dealership.
- Bring the paperwork into your local MACU branch.
- Save a bundle in interest.
It’s that easy! We handle the rest.
3. Always negotiate a car deal on the purchase price - not the monthly payment. Negotiating based on the monthly payment is a trap a lot of car buyers fall into. At the end of the day, your goal should be to pay less for the car. Monthly payments can be falsely lowered by extending the term of the loan, leading you to feel like you are getting a better deal when in fact, you could be spending thousands more.
If you have already purchased a car, it’s not too late to lower your interest rate. Contact MACU today to find out how much you can save by refinancing your loan with MACU.