Medicare open enrollment, also known as Medicare’s annual election period, runs from October 15 through December 7 each year. During this annual window, Medicare plan enrollees can reevaluate their coverage – whether it’s Original Medicare with supplemental drug coverage, or Medicare Advantage – and make changes or purchase new policies if they would like to do so.
During this limited Medicare open enrollment period, you can:
- Switch from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage (as long as you’re enrolled in both Medicare Part A and Part B and you live in the Medicare Advantage plan’s service area).
- Switch from Medicare Advantage to Original Medicare (plus a Medicare Part D plan and possibly a Medigap plan).
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another.
- Switch from one Medicare Part D prescription drug plan to another.
- Enroll in a Medicare Part D plan if you didn’t enroll when you were first eligible for Medicare.
At MACU, we are pleased to offer our members the services of a Licensed Medicare Broker to walk you through the maze of options with Medicare insurance. Senior Advocate John “Hoppy” Hopkins, with the Senior Health Resource Center located onsite at Members Advantage Credit Union, is available as a free resource to you. Feel free to contact John at 219-406-8048 with any questions you may have, or to schedule an appointment with John at any of our locations, please call 219-874-6943.