UPDATE AS OF 5/1/20:
Governor Holcomb has reduced some restrictions effective 5/4/2020. However, the Michigan City restrictions have not yet been lifted by Mayor Perry. Therefore, lobbies are still currently closed. However, MACU's drive throughs remain open to serve our members' needs. We would continue to ask members to utilize our other electronic delivery systems (i.e. ATMs, Mobile Banking, Online Banking, Night Depository, etc.) as much as possible; however, should you need to see a Member Service Representative, we ask that you call to schedule an appointment. The Portage branch will follow suite with Michigan City. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued member of our credit union.
UPDATE AS OF 3/19/20
The safety of our members, our community, and employees is our number one priority. We are continuing to monitor the situation closely and will keep you apprised of any developments that affect MACU.
- DRIVE UPS: All drive ups are open and operating normal business hours
- LOBBIES: Lobbies will be open by appointment only. Please call if you need assistance
- ONLINE BANKING: Manage your accounts, transfer money, and pay bills. Enroll Today
- MACU APP: Manage accounts, pay bills, transfer money, etc. Search MACU Mobile in the app store.
- TELEPHONE BANKING: Check balances or transfer money. Call (219) 874-6943 or (877) 874-6943, ext. 2.
- CALL: Call your local branch with any questions or transactions. Most things can be handled right over the phone.
- ATMs: Access your money at nearly 5,000 fee-free Alliance One ATMs.
- LOANS: Apply online or over the phone for a loan.
We understand that many of our members and friends in the community are having their financial situations negatively impacted by escalating concerns over the COVID-19 virus.
Reduction of staffing and hours may quickly take a financial toll on many of our members' finances. As a result, we'd like to do what we can to help lessen the financial burden in any way possible:
- CD PENALTIES WAIVED: We are waiving CD penalties if any member needs access to their money.
- LOAN DEFERMENTS: Deferments are available on most loan types. If you are experiencing a financial hardship, talk to us, and we will see how we can help by deferring the monthly loan payment.
- CHRISTMAS CLUB ACCOUNT PENALTIES WAIVED: We will waive penalties for withdrawing from Christmas Club accounts.
- OVERDRAFT PROTECTION: MACU checking accounts with ODP are able to take advances not to exceed their $750 limit.
- DEBT CANCELLATION PRODUCTS: If a member has purchased one of our debt cancellation products for a loan and needs help making a claim, please call for assistance.
- LOANS: Apply for a loan online or over the phone.
- ATMs: Daily withdraw limits will be increased to $500, effective Friday at 5 p.m.
If there is any other way we can help you, please reach out. Please know we will do what we can to help you during this difficult time.
Michigan City: (219) 874-6943 | Portage: (219) 762-6228